Precautions and general notes.
All rights reserved. No parts of this manual may be reproduced in any form without the express written permission of Tesland.
Tesland makes no representations or warranties with respect to the contents hereof. In addition, information contained herein are subject to change without notice. Every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this manual. Nevertheless, Tesland assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions or any damages resulting
from the use of the information contained in this publication. Although the installations is not hard and does not require any special skills, it can be handy to have some general knowledge of mechanics.
If you have any doubt doing this after reading these instructions, we recommend that you have the Tesland lighted doorsills installed by a local professional.
Tesland does not take any responsibilities if during the installations anything goes wrong. Sometimes some clips may break, they can be easily purchased and replaced.
Tesland can never be held responsible for replacement of any parts which will break during the installation, even when following these guidelines.
Step 1. Removal of the original doorsill and plastic dashboard parts.
- First pull the rubber weatherguard away. Start with the forward part of the door sill. Get your fingers under it and pull the doorsill up. (Picture 1. and 2.)
- The aft part of the doorsill is held in position by the aft part, so on the lower side of the B pillar, near the seatbelt, pull the forward part of the aft door sill that is covering the door sill, inward to make room for the forward doorsill to be removed. (Picture 3.)
Step 2. Removal of the original aluminium inlay out of the doorsill.
- The aluminium door sill is held in place with melted plastic. (picture 4.)
- At 3 places these pieces need to be cut. The best you can use a Dremel or a small grinder. (picture 5.)
- When these 3 are cut, support the doorsill, but keep room under it, so the aluminium piece is free to move.
- Than with a hammer and small pipe or screw driver you can try to loosen the inlay. There are 5 spots where you can hit it. (picture 6. and 7.)
- Once the strip is out, Turn the door sill over. There might be some plastic pieces sticking out, which will prevent the TESLAND lighted door sill to be seated nicely.
- Therefor these pieces need to be grinded away. There are the 3 pieces (which we cut before) in the centre, but also small pieces around the edges. (picture 8.)
Step 3. Insertion of the TESLAND lighted door sill.
- Use the correct TESLAND lighted door sill for the side you are installing. (the wire must be on the forward side)
- Bring the wire from top to bottom threw the plastic door sill in the hole on the forward side (Picture 9.)
- Without removing the backside of the tape, try the TESLAND lighted door sill, and see if it fits nicely in place.
- Clean the plastic door sill with the alcohol prep pad which you find in the package and let it dry.
- Remove all the backing from all the tape of the back of the lighted door sill
- Be careful not to get the wire trapped under the tape and put the TESLAND lighted doorsill in place, press firmly where the adhesive is.
Step 4. Reinstalling the door sill and connect the wiring.
- Under the dashboard pull down the plastic piece in which the footwell light is mounted. You only need to pull down the aft part down until you see the back of the footwell light. (picture 10)
- Now remove the wire from the footwell light.
- On the connection cable of your TESLAND lighted door sill you will find the 2 connectors. Connect one end to the food well light and the other to the connection cable which was originally connected to the food well light. (picture 11)
- Try if the TESLAND lighted doorsill works. They should work at the same time as your footwell lights. If they don’y work now, open and close the door on the other side.
- Now tug the wiring under plastic covering. (picture 12)
- The wire should come out on the right place. (picture 13)
- The complete doorsill can be pushed in place, starting at the aft part
- Wiggle the rubber weaatherguard, in place again, so it sits nicely.
After this do the same for the other side.
GRANT OF LICENSE
Tesland grants to you a non-transferable, non-exclusive license to use the product and the related documentation solely for your own personal use or for internal use by your business, only on such Tesland products. You shall not copy, reverse engineer, translate, port, modify or make derivative works in the product. You may transfer all of your license rights in the product, the related documentation and a copy of this License Agreement And Warranty to another party, provided that the party reads and agrees to accept the terms and conditions of this License Agreement And Warranty.
OPERATIONAL WARNING AND SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
(A) EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE CONTAINED HEREIN, the PRODUCTS and related documentation are provided to you, “AS IS”. IN NO EVENT SHALL TESLAND BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, CLAIM OR LOSS INCURRED BY YOU (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, COMPENSATORY, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, LOST SALES OR BUSINESS EXPENDITURES, INVESTMENTS, OR COMMITMENTS IN CONNECTION WITH ANY BUSINESS, LOSS OF ANY GOODWILL, OR DAMAGES. THE TERM ‘INCIDENTAL DAMAGES’ REFERS TO THE EXPENSES OF TRANSPORTING THE PRODUCTS TO TESLAND, LOSS OF THE END-USERS [ORIGINAL PURCHASER’S] TIME, LOSS OF THE USE OF THE PRODUCT, BUS FARES, CAR RENTALS OR OTHER COSTS RELATED TO THE CARE AND CUSTODY OF THE PRODUCT. THE TERM ‘CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES’ REFERS TO THE COST OF REPAIRING OR REPLACING OTHER PROPERTY, WHICH IS DAMAGED WHEN THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY, RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCTS, INCLUDING ANY DAMAGES INCURRED DUE TO THE NEGLIGENT OPERATION OF A MOTOR VEHICLE, IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE USE OF SAID PRODUCTS. THE END-USER ACKNOWLEDGES ITS RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE USE OF THE PRODUCT. THE ADDITION OF TESLAND PRODUCTS AND ANY AFTER-MARKET EQUIPMENT MAY ENHANCE THE VALUE OF A VEHICLE OR CAUSE A THIRD-PARTY TO ILLEGALLY ATTEMPT TO REMOVE THE PRODUCTS AND AFTER-MARKET EQUIPMENT. TESLAND DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY RELATED TO SUCH THEFT AND POTENTIAL DAMAGE TO PROPERTY. IT IS THE END-USERS RESPONSIBILITY TO PROTECT ITS OWN PROPERTY. THE END-USER FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE OPERATION OF A MOTOR VEHICLE IS AN INHERENTLY DANGEROUS ACTIVITY, AND BY ITS USE OF TESLAND’S PRODUCTS, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE PRODUCTS ARE REMOTELY RELATED TO SAID MOTOR VEHICLE OPERATION, AND THUS ANY DAMAGES CAUSED TO THE DRIVER OF THE VEHICLE, THE VEHICLE ITSELF OR ANY THIRD PARTY AND ITS PROPERTY IS NOT THE RESPONSIBILITY OF TESLAND, ITS AGENTS OR ITS PRINCIPALS AND IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE DRIVER OF SAID VEHICLE.
YOU, THE END-USER, OR ANY OTHER DRIVER OF THE VEHICLE, IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SAFE OPERATION OF THE VEHICLE AND THE SAFETY OF BOTH YOU AND THE PASSENGERS. FOR SAFETY PURPOSES, THE PRODUCT SHOULD NOT BE USED FOR THE DRIVER’S ENTERTAINMENT, WHILE THE VEHICLE IS BEING DRIVEN. SUCH USE COULD BE A DISTRACTION TO THE DRIVER, WHICH COULD CAUSE AN ACCIDENT LEADING TO SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH. IF YOU, THE END-USER ALLOW ANOTHER PERSON TO USE THE VEHICLE, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO THOROUGHLY BRIEF THAT OTHER USER, ON THE SAFETY REQUIREMENTS FOR OPERATING THE VEHICLE AND THE PRODUCTS INSTALLED THEREIN.
(B) SAID DISCLAIMERS SHALL APPLY TO THE USE OF SAID PRODUCTS, EVEN IF TESLAND HAS BEEN INFORMED OF, KNEW OF, OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE LIKELIHOOD OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES TO ALL CAUSES OF ACTION IN THE AGGREGATE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION: BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, MISREPRESENTATION AND OTHER TORTS. IF TESLAND’S WARRANTY DISCLAIMER OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL, OR FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER, BE HELD UNENFORCEABLE OR INAPPLICABLE, YOU AND ANY OTHER END USER AGREE THAT TESLAND’S LIABILITY SHALL NOT EXCEED (70%) OF THE PRICE PAID FOR THE ENCLOSED TESLAND PRODUCT.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability shall not be applicable to the extent that any federal, state, or local law, which cannot be pre-empted, prohibits any provision of this Warranty.
Any use of the products where it is illegal to do so, may be used against you as evidence of negligence in the event of an auto accident or other traffic infraction.
- INDEMNIFICATION OF TESLAND, ITS AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES. By Purchasing, Installing and Using the Products, You, the End- User, agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless, Tesland, and it’s Affiliates, Directors, Officers, Agents and Employees from any Liabilities, Damage, Loss, Claim and Expense (including reasonable Attorney’s Fees) arising out of the installation and use of the Products.
B. GOVERNING LAW. THIS AGREEMENT and all Purchases hereunder shall be governed by, and construed under the laws of the Netherlands, without regard to conflicts of law rules.
You agree that the Dutch Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over the Parties, for all disputes.
C. FORCE MAJEURE. Tesland shall not be liable for any delay or failure in performance caused by or resulting from acts of God, fire, flood, storms, earthquakes, tornado, other acts of nature, any accidents, riots, wars, government intervention, embargoes, strikes, labor difficulties, equipment failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Tesland. Quantities are subject to availability.
D. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. These terms and conditions constitute the entire and exclusive agreement between you, the End-User and Tesland, concerning the Products, and your purchase hereunder, and supersede all statements or other agreements, whether oral or written, between you and Tesland. No change in this Agreement shall be effective, unless agreed to in writing by both, you, the end-user and Tesland.